Due: Periodically throughout the semester at the beginning of class. See the course calendar.
You are to act as a technical reviewer/editor for an article review. Also, should critique the review on the following levels with greater emphasis given to the last two items.
You should critique the article review on the following criteria.
- Clarity of writing.
- Suggest corrections for larger structural problems with the review. For example if an idea is not clearly presented or the review could flow more smoothly with a different logical flow, suggest to the author how these problem might be corrected.
- Correct grammar, spelling, or other stylistic errors.
- Summarize the technical content of the article review.
- Did the reviewer address all specified review critriea?
- Critique the quality of the author's review and their conclusions.
Concrete, actionable comments and criticisms are best. Don't make personally or derogatory comments about the author or review. If the review is excellent, say so and make comments to improve it even further. If the review is poor, say so and provide concrete suggestions to improve it.