Due: 25 April 2017 at the beginning of class
- Read chapter 6 in Mohri. Read Kuncheva (2014) article, which is in D2L.
- Answer the following questions. Follow the general
- Exercise 6.1 from Mohri.
- If each base-learner is iid and correct with probability p > 1/2, what is the probability that a majority vote over L classifiers gives the correct answer?
- What is the difference between voting and stacking using a linear perceptron as the combiner function?
- Using the Arrhythmia, Wisconsin Breast Cancer,
and Echocardiogram databases from the UCI
ML Repository, experiment with AdaBoost. Specifically, boost decision tree stumps. Plot the accuracy using 10-fold cross validation vs. the number of stumps. Analyze the results.